The Windows Monitor complements AgileLoad by extending the range of data collection and monitoring options available, by adding the ability to monitor and record performance data from Microsoft Windows target systems. Results data generated by Windows Monitor Collectors can be displayed and analyzed to help to identify bottlenecks that occur on target Windows Systems during Job-runs.
Before editing a Windows Collector profile in AgileLoad Test Center, you must verify that you can retrieve performance counters from your remote Windows machine.
If you are working across the Internet, you have to install AgileLoad injectors on the monitored machine. The communication between injectors and AgileLoad console need to have the port 15140 opened.
If you are working on a private network, TCP ports 139 and 445 must be opened (SMB protocol).
- A Windows account that can retrieve performance counters and registry information from the server on which Windows is running. This account must have access to the server's performance monitor counters, and read access to the server's Windows registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib path).
(eg: To view performance counters, a user must be a member of the local "Performance Monitor Users" group, "Performance Log Users" group, "Administrators" group, or equivalent)
(Note: A user in the "Administrators" group may not be able to view performance counters. Use an account that is member of the "Performance Monitor Users" group)
Windows XP and Windows 2000: The Administrator or users in the "Administrator" group can view performance counters without restriction.
- Open the "Settings\Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Local Security Policies" ("Settings\Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Domain Security Policies"), select the "\Local Policies\Security Options" option in the tree view:
- On the target machine, the "Network access: Sharing and security model for local accounts" option must be set to "Classic - local users authenticate as themselves".
- On the target machine (Windows XP), the "Network access: Remotely accessible registry paths" option must have "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib" path.
- On the target machine (from Windows Vista, 2003), the "Network access: Remotely accessible registry paths and subpaths" option must have "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib" path.
- On the AgileLoadmachine, the "Network security: LAN Manager authentication level" option must be the same as that defined on the target machine.
- On the target machine, grant local "Performance Monitor Users" and "Performance Log Users" groups ("Administrators" group for Windows 2000 and Windows XP) read permission on "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib" registry path. (restart "Remote registry" service)
- The "Remote Registry" and "Net Logon" services must be started on the monitored windows system.
Under "Windows Server 2008", if the windows firewall is activated, open the "Settings\Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Server Manager", select the "Configuration\Windows Firewall with Advanced Security\Inbound Rules" entry in the tree view and activate the "File and Printer Sharing (SMB-In)" option.
On the AgileLoad Machine, a logon session is needed by the collectors for Microsoft Windows.
Right click on AgileLoad Daemon icon, select Configure
In Authentication options, enter a valid user.
Click on OK button to save Daemon configuration. Next Edit a profile